Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Art of Deception

So my stay in Denver is almost over.  I have seen people on the side of the street playing guitar, harp, bass, djembe, flute, and probably a few other instruments I can not recall at this moment.  That is not important though.  I arrived in Denver knowing I was going to get treated well, but by no means did I know what I was getting in to.  Before I go about listing off the ridiculous amount of things supplied by Samson, my company for the summer, I would like to remind you that if I were filling out a survey I would check the box "high school degree and some college." So this is the list of a few things I have received during my first week in Denver:

  • 5 nights in the Sheraton in downtown Denver which is a literal hop, skip, and jump away from the office
  • Meals for the week which include but are not limited to The Cheesecake Factory and world famous Denver Chop House and Brewery
  • A moving stipend which is approximately 25 times the cost of gas to travel to Rawlins, WY from Norman
  • A window office on the 30th floor of what might possible be the largest building I have ever been inside of.  Did I mention the view of the snowcapped Rockies out of that window?
I really hope they don't find out who I am.  This is kind of fun.


3 comments:

  1. When can Mary and I come and visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, you're doing such a great job as a blogger! Way to go! I will be reading as much as I can.

    I am really thankful for our gospel community as well. I'm glad we became friends this semester.

    Your company is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest you eat at Denver Chop House.... but then I left the country. Wasn't it GREAT? You can buy me dinner/lunch there when I visit you. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete