Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Weather

I think if you live in a small town you are required to talk about the weather at least once with anyone you have more than a 10 min conversation with.  I have a couple of hypotheses about this, but I'm pretty sure there is just not much else to talk about.  Yesterday it hit a blistering 80 degrees and it was the talk of the town.  Come to find out this was an extremely hot day for this town.  I love the weather here! 

So while on the subject of small towns I want to share a little bit about Rawlins with you.  It is in the middle of nowhere! The nearest Wal-Mart is 100 miles away.  It's ok though because between Alco and Davidson's Gun and Grocery I think I can get pretty much everything I need. 

My favorite place in town is Huckleberry's.  Huckleberry's is the local coffee shop.  I have lived in Rawlins for exactly one week now, and I have already become known by name and offered a job at this wonderful local expression of Wyoming pride. 

While I am in the middle of nowhere, there are some great people up here.  I attended a church at First Souther Baptist Church Rawlins during my first weekend in town and I was chased down and invited to lunch by one of the nicest ladies I have ever met.  I have also already been to one of the local lakes to go fishing and to a bbq all within my first week in town.  Although I am very far away from my friends, family, and loved ones, the community of the Equality State have been very kind and welcomed this okie into their state for the summer.  

So I would like to conclude this post with a list of my favorite things about Wyoming so far in no particular order:
  • Pronghorn Antelope (google it, they are everywhere out here!)
  • Huckleberry's Espresso
  • Prairie Dogs 
  • John Stuart
  • Natural Gas
  • Mountains
  • 40 degree nights
  • 70 degree days
  • SNOW!
  • Work Truck

5 comments:

  1. I assume you mean work tRuck?
    good list. Good post. you are a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 4 things on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a blogger and I like it and I miss you and I like Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel truly honored to be on the list. holla.

    ReplyDelete